The Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) have announced additional increases to visa application charges.
In line with the release of the Economic Statement for the 2013-2014 financial year, the Australian Government have decided to increase all visa application charges, with the exception of the Student and Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa applications. The increase is effective for all applications lodged on or after 1 September 2013.
Temporary Work (Skilled) Subclass 457 Visa Charge
The visa application charge for a Subclass 457 visa from 1 September will be as follows:
- Primary visa applicant: $1,035 (increase from $900)
- Dependent aged 18 years and over (e.g. spouse or dependent child 18 years and over): $1,035 (increase from $900).
- Dependent under 18 years: $260 (increase from $225)
- Nomination application: $330 (unchanged)
- Standard Business Sponsorship: $420 (unchanged)
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 & Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 visas
The visa application charges for both the Subclass 186 and Subclass 187 visas from 1 September will be as follows:
- Primary visa applicant: $3,520 (increase from $3,060)
- Dependent ages 18 years and over: $1,760 (increase from $1,530).
- Dependent under 18 years: $880 (increase from $765)
For further information regarding these changes, or about how Expat International can assist you, please contact Expat’s visa team.